Thursday, May 27, 2010

We are going to Ukraine!!!!!

The moment we have been waiting for finally came. We got the call from our Social Worker on Tuesday May 25th telling us we have a travel date!!! Our SDA appointment is June 16th!! The unknown is finally known!! Yesterday was a blur as a talked back and forth with the travel agent trying to figure out flights. It took til 8pm last night to finally settle on a booking. It's official, WE ARE GOING TO UKRAINE!!


We have been so blessed with finances. It has been amazing to watch! I'm glad I'm not missing out on one blessing after another as God works miracles to make this adoption happen."O we of little faith!" I'm speaking to myself especially. I have had such little faith during this process, and so much fear that I've been at the Lord's feet continuously repenting. However, by His Grace, He has brought so much PEACE and greater understanding of the whole process. Just like marriage, adoption is forever according to God's Word. We will be married 14yrs this July, and at times it was so hard I wondered if we would make it. Because we have looked to God as ""our help in times if trouble", we are here today. I wouldn't change anything. He is worth any amount of struggle in the end. So with adoption, I can rest on God's promises knowing He will be there when times get tough. Obeying God's Word is my part. The outcome is in Gods' hands. Good or bad He will carry us through until the end.
God truly does know what we need before we ask or think. I thank the Lord for is His faithfulness to us.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure if I've ever commented on your blog, but I've been following along for a few weeks. Congrats on getting your appointment date - how exciting! We also have a June 16 appointment (we're traveling blind, not seeking a specific child).

    Praise God for providing for your financial needs! I pray that you will have safe travels, and I pray for your daughter & her transition into her forever family.

    Jenn in Georgia
    http://littleboydove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We have a June 14th SDA appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We just returned from Ukraine with out Fifth Son (all born in UA)!
    God's speed as you embark on one of the most amazing Journey's of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like Jenn our appt is also on the 16th! Hooray! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cindy!! I found you- now I have to catch up and read the past entries!

    ReplyDelete