Friday, October 30, 2009

Why Adopt?

The thought of adoption came during my grieving process. Although God had answered my question with Deut 30, I was afraid of having more children after the loss of 2 newborn baby boys. At that point adoption seemed a better alternative. We started the process to adopt a little girl from Mexico, but another family was chosen instead. It took a few years for God to bring the healing I needed in order to obey His Word. Yet, in His Mercy, He tenderly brought me to the place I could be at peace with trusting Him no matter what happened. "Through the tender mercy of our God,with which the Dayspirng from on high has visited us;to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace". Luke 1:78-79. I can honestly say there is more rest in full surrender to Jesus than trying to control my circumstances. Even though it was hard to trust God with getting pregnant again, I did not want to miss out on any Blessings God had for us. Since our beautiful Amy Grace (aka Amazing Grace)was born, God has given us Samuel Lee and Seth Levi. They are here today because I chose Life and Blessing instead of Death and Cursing( from Deut 30:19). It continues to be a choice, and I want to choose the glorious life God has for me. Why adopt now? Because we want all the Blessings God has for us. We believe God has burdened our hearts for orphans, and we want to bring them home. We understand loss and all orphans have experienced loss in some way. Also God loved us so much He chose to place the sins of the world on His Only Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Because of Jesus death on the Cross, we can be adopted into God's family when we realize we are sinners in need of a Savior(Eph 6:1-12). "I will not leave you as orphans-I will come to you" John 14:18

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,
    So beautifully put. Thanks for sharing your pain and your hope. I look forward to the days to come!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete