Monday, January 4, 2010

Making Progress!

We got great news today! Our home study was approved by DCFS! So, our agency sent off our I600A with the approved home study to Homeland Security via FedEx overnight. They should get it tomorrow. This is what we've been working so hard to accomplish and it's done! Now, we wait for a date and place to be fingerprinted. Then we wait some more for her Visa approval. We can send in our paperwork to Ukraine when we receive that approval. We hope to do that sometime in Feb.

Now,we can focus on fundraising. We need to raise around $20,000. You can make a tax-deductible donation to help us bring Irina home @ http://www.reecesrainbow.org/ We appreciate your prayers as we prepare our family to bring Irina home. Amy and I are learning to speak Russian with a tutor. It is really neat. One thing I learned that will help me,is how to ask her, "How she is doing"? Good or Bad. I can't handle the thought of her being afraid,and me not able to tell her, "It's all right". That's what drives me to learn.

We are nesting just like with pregnancy. We are getting more organized. We are washing and putting away the clothes for Irina we have been given(without asking). As I write this ,I realize that's risky. I remember not doing this because of fear until the baby was born and home. All I can say is, I am walking by faith. Is it hard? You bet it is! But, we are doing what our FATHER has told us to do. We are being obedient. "Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we MUST care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27 NLT. Are we leaving the widow out? NO. We seek to find ways to care for widows as well. We are simply clinging to the Words of the Lord as our continual guide. We aren't able to do any of this without HIS help. That is our comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment