Saturday, December 26, 2009

In God's Time

Are you wondering why there haven't been any posts? Honestly, I've been a bit distracted. I guess God is showing me that everything is in His timing. We haven't had a chance to work on the international paperwork lately. I had the flu, our computer was down,and Seth was sick with a fever,rash and irritability. As all this was going on, I struggled with discouragement. However, I am realizing I need to remind myself,"My times are in Your hand".Psalm 31:15

God has blessed me with 3 amazing children. They need me, and I need God to equip me to parent them. Being there for them and spending QUANTITY time with them is what's most important. As I glean from God's Word, and faithfully be the mom He has allowed me to be, everything else will fall into place. He knows there is a little girl in the Ukraine waiting for a mom and a dad, so He will be our help in the busy times. For example, an important letter needed to be sent to the Ukraine requesting Irina's adoption status. I forgot about it, but my Helper didn't. A family, who is adopting from the same orphanage, called us asking if we wanted to send the letter together and split the shipping cost! Then, we were helped again when our friend drove to down town Chicago to get our letter properly stamped with an Apostille. Let me tell you, if I had to drive to Chicago to get an Apostille, the letter would still be undone!!!! Oh, Lord help me learn to rest in YOU!! Thank You, for Your encouragement, and for working through willing vessels. Thank you, Jesus, Lewis family and Mrs. Traci!

No comments:

Post a Comment