Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Get To Do This

Well, Praise the Lord the light bulb went off and the Lord gave me a new perspective about adopting Irina. In the beginning, times were really hard. I was slept deprived, jet lag hung on for awhile, and everyone wanted mom. I had nothing to give anyone and there were so many needs facing me. It was overwhelming, but God in His mercy and grace helped me see things in greater light. He showed me what an honor and a privilege it is to be my children's mom. That I get to do this!!He gave them all to me, even Irina who has missed out on a mother's love for the first 8 yrs. of her life and I get to be her mom! I get to hold her, rock her, play "this little piggy went to market",sing to her and tell her about Jesus. It hit me like a ton of bricks. WOW! God allowed me to be Ira's mother, and not her birth mom. I feel sorry for her mom that she has missed this. She lost a blessing. I found myself praying for her the other day and asking God to heal her and make her whole and drag her to the cross. Send someone Lord to tell her about you. She needs you. Please give her hope and may she know how much you love her and Irina.

Homecoming Pics to come!

1 comment:

  1. I wish more people had your attitude about parenting. Including me. Sometimes I forget that children are a blessing from the Lord. Thanks for reminding me. My oldest had her birthday yesterday. She turned 9. I was thinking how Irina will never have to spend another birthday in an orphanage. Now she has a family to love her forever. I am SO inspired by what you and others have done. It keeps me praying daily for God to place children in homes.

    "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families," Psalms 68:5-6

    ReplyDelete