Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blogging for 1 Year

I can't believe an entire year has passed since I first started this blog! It all began because of Irina. WOW! Time does fly by when you are having fun!



Irina is changing so much. She is at Peace, which is the meaning of her name! We are slowly seeing her true personality, and she's a cutie. She loves to laugh and be a goof. She totally fits in around here because the Allen's love to laugh and be silly. One night at the dinner table,which can be a three ring LOUD circus, I asked Ira if it was too loud for her. She quickly answered "NO, I love it! At orphanage only SHHH!" I was so happy! I had worried and worried that the noise factor here would scare her, but instead she loves the freedom and fun of our family. She was never free to be herself. Now she can relax and be the real Irina. It's awesome to watch miracles unfold.




She is speaking and understanding so much more English lately. She can read it too! I had no idea. We were working on Phonics and reading the other day during school when all the sudden she began sounding out the words and reading! Amy and I were amazed. We learn something new about her almost everyday! Tonight she said the days of the week on her own! I was jumping up and down because we sing the Days of the Week song as we begin our school day and she caught on! WOW! The joys of homeschooling ! I get to see the fruit of our labor.




We've nicknamed her "Princessa", our Ukrainian Princess because she either can't ,or doesn't want to do anything for herself. We haven't figured out if they did so much for her at the orphanage she never learned how to do things, or she does know but she's enjoying being dotted over! So today, when I was dressing her( yes, dressing her just like I dress my 2yr. old Seth), she whispered in my ear " Ira Princessa" and giggled. I said, "Yes you are my Ukrainian Princess". Then she whispered in my ear "I love you, mom".(in English)What a gift! What priceless words!
So for now, I'm doing all the things I didn't get a chance to do for Irina and holding tighter to the ones I've been blessed with since birth.




4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update. She is so beautiful! I find it interesting that she and Oksana came home at the same time and we also have seen that switch over to peace. It's the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, you are doing an amazing job! Keep doing those things it is a great way for her to realize that even getting dressed can be a positive thing. What a beauty!! :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My husband, Eric and I adopted our beautiful daughter from the same orphanage building in the Zaloni Guy village as Ira in March 2009. She loved our baby girl (only 16 months at the time) and would hang around us as much as she could when we visited our daughter each day. Her birth name is Svetlana (Sveta). We renamed her Brooke. Ira really seemed to love her and would watch her constantly. Maybe she would remember her? I also have a photo of them on the little playground outside riding the plastic pony together. It's really cute. :) We had prayed for a family to come for Ira while we were there in early 2009...Praise God you were her answered prayer! God bless you and your family as you continue to grow together! If you want to contact my email is kshanfelt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cindy- if you get a chance- give me a call. I don't know what I did with your #, but want to chat as we are considering adopting from the Ukraine and would love to know your full experience!! I saw some people walking into MBC today and said- say Hi to Cindy from Nicole! Hope you got the message- Love ya!

    ReplyDelete