Monday, July 5, 2010

Going Home


Because our 10 day waiting period was not waived, we are going home. We will be picked up in 4 hrs. to begin the long journey back. It is very hard to leave Irina behind. Just like it felt the day I waved good-bye to Amy, Samuel,and Seth, as the car drove away 21 days ago. My heart was being torn. I've never left my children longer than an overnight away. I can't wait to hold them in my arms very soon,and to go to that orphanage in a few weeks and bring my baby girl home for GOOD. The day we said good-bye to Irina went really well. She is such a trooper! I worried that she would not understand and be upset, but she was O.K. Bless her heart, she has had to grow up too fast in so many areas. The translator told me she understands that the law will not allow us to take her home yet,and that she has seen other children be adopted,so she is familiar with it all. We told her when she missed us to hold her Mishka(teddy bear) and look at her photobook.When I get my flight intinerary, I will email it to my facilitator and she will let Irina know when mommy is coming back!

Seeing so many children without the love and nurturing that only parents can give, opened our eyes to the needs of orphans. Hearing their cries, watching them fall with no one to pick them up,and seeing the longing in their eyes, was unbearable at times. It is hard to endure these long weeks away from your family, not be able to communicate with people around you, wait, be at the mercy of other people, wait, miss your kids, wait, and wait some more, but the Lord said".. in this world we will have tribulation, but BE OF GOOD CHEER for I have overcome the world".John 16:33 It hasn't been easy, but it has been worth it! Please pray justice will be given to the weak and the fatherless and pray more families will come to rescue the weak and the needy.Psalm 82:3-4

3 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe journey home and that Irina will be at peace while you are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for all of you! I have been praying for you all for several weeks now and it is amazing to see God work in people's lives. One of my friends is in the Ukraine for the next few weeks going through the adoption process for their 2yr old boy, Duncan. I'm hoping their process is as smooth as yours was.

    Please continue to post on your blog. I'm sure a lot of us would love to see how Irina is doing. She'll be in the U.S. with you guys permanently before you know it.

    Chris B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, BTW, if you happen to see a little girl named Milana, when you go back, please speak to her and let her know people are praying for her and, if you can, let her know a family has committed to her. Here's their blog:

    http://somewherebehindthemorning.blogspot.com/2010/07/adieu.html

    Milana's picture is on the left hand side. Thanks.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete