Monday, July 19, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles!

We are here!!! After flying on 2 airplanes,layovers,and riding on a bouncy train for 6 more hrs.,we made it to Kharkov at midnight Sunday. Amy and I were up 32 hrs. with a few naps here and there. We crashed until 7am Mon. morning when we hit the ground running again. We were in the car 9hrs. taking care of the birth cert.,social security name change,and many other stops,but the best part of the day was finally seeing My sweet Ira!
She came running to me and held me tight. It was wonderful to see her. They said she has been waititng for us to come back, and that she has been the star of the orphanage because she has Parents! They said she was like a Hollywood Star-famous and proud of it! She loved Amy right away and hugged her 3-4 times during our visit. She would just hold onto her and not let go! They look just alike. It is truly amzaing. Will post pitures later as we don't have internet yet. I am borrowing my facilitators computer for now. Hang in there pics coming soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! I'm so glad Irina and Amy hit it off well! It breaks my heart to think of the other children, HIV+ or not, in the orphanages, not having a family. I pray for God to provide a way for me to help. Right now, I'm having to be content with praying for people, but it DOES work! I will never doubt the power of prayer.

    Anyway, back on track, I can't wait to see pix of Irina and Amy! You are in our prayers continually. Best wishes for a safe and quick return to the good old USA!

    Chris B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of you both. I had no idea what time you were supposed to arrive, so I'm so glad to hear you made it and that Ira and Amy hit it off. Can't wait for pics!!
    Love and hugs to you all!
    Szq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Irina is a doll. I can't wait to see pictures of the girls together. Let us know what Amy thinks of Ukraine. I am sure it is a great experience for her.
    Hugs (your RR family).

    ReplyDelete