Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Home

There's no place like home! The flights back were smooth until we got to Chicago. From there we were flying to Nashville in order to go pick up the kids from Grandmommy's house. Our flight was delayed 2hrs. because of rain and lightening. It was weird being stuck in the airport so close to home. It would have been nice to just go home,but we had to go get our babies and the waiting was killing us. We finally got to mom's at 11:58pm the 6th after we had been awake(minus a few naps on the plane)30hrs. Yikes! We were exhausted.The kids were a beautiful sight. They had all grown and changed in just 3 weeks. We finally rolled in after driving 11hrs at1am on the 8th. Home was a wonderful place to be. My bed felt as soft as a cloud in the sky, and I didn't want to get out of it. HOME!
Today, I'm corresponding with the travel agent about booking my return flights. 1 week from today I'm going back! Can't wait to see my baby girl again! I pray God is sustaining her until I get there. I pray she is not doubting my return. Hang in there Irina, Mama will be there soon!!

7 comments:

  1. HI!!! I'm so glad you found my blog since I'm always interested in meeting new families!! Irina is GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats! I'm so excited to hear about how everything will work out once she's home. We need all the advice we can get with Milana's HIV, so we'll be looking to you for guidance! :) We've read so much on the subject, but there's nothing like first-hand experience...

    GOOD LUCK ON THE TRIP!!!!!! You're so close!!! :)
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you!! Love connecting with other families too. Have you found an international adoption clinic near you. We have connected with ours in Chicago, and they plan to be Irina's infectious disease doctors. Hope you have found one. The support and networking of families is incredible. Have you contacted Project Hopeful? They are an amazing help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we were in Chicago saturday too! we made it home though before the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is beautiful. Enjoy your time at home hugging all your other children, get some rest and before you know it, you'll be heading back.
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you got in touch with Kari & Tom, Milana and Victors future parents. :) I think you're journey will help them know that YES! It is hard, but YES! it can be done and it is SO worth it! :)

    You guys are in our prayers every day. We're praying that you will have a safe trip and return with Irina soon. Please post as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I were VERY excited to see your blog. We met your beautiful little girl in Zeloni Gai while we were adopting our girl back in Feb-Mar 2009. We have some great stories to tell you about Ira and some photos of her with our daughter. You can see our blog at http://ekadopt.blogspot.com. Please feel free to contact me at eshanfelt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete