Friday, July 30, 2010

Post Error

Sorry for the confusion on the last post about Going home. Amy and I posted an old uncompleted draft the other day trying to post pictures. Haven't had a chance to fix it yet. We've been busy visiting with friends that are also adopting. We have spent the last two days playing at the park, taking pony rides, bouncing in a jump, playing on the fountain steps, and eating ice cream. Irina and Amy have had a ball. Ira was so tired tonight she fell asleep without a fight.
She is doing so good. Everyday she seems more at ease with her new mama and sister. I now believe the delay in going home was for her to get better adjusted to us before the long flight home, and for God to purge me of self-reliance and teach me dependence on Him. When things are going smooth my first reaction is to not rely on Jesus in the day to day tasks. I now realize that's what I was doing. I operate on my own strength until times get tough. During this first week with Irina, I saw my need to rely on Jesus every second and I've asked Him to reveal to me when I start operating in self-reliance again. I want to learn the first time. As my friend says"You know better, so you do better".
Well, we are headed home Tuesday morning @5:30am. The driver will pick us up @ 2:45am! Yikes! Please pray for strength for us to make it on little sleep and that Irina's ears don't bother her. She's worried about that my translator told me. Will post again when we are finally back on American soil. Can't wait! I do grieve for Irina as she leaves her native country, but Amercia is her future. A future she would not have if she stayed here. In a year's time she would have been transfered to an internat. A place where there are only teachers not caregivers and one doctor for over 200 older children. The supervision is minimal not like the care she has received up to this point. I praise God He placed the burden in our hearts for her when He did. Our times have truly been in His Hands

3 comments:

  1. Sadly?? Is everything OK?? Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post error! Everything is fine Going home Tuesday and can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that everything is going better!!

    ReplyDelete