Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's A Girl!!!




Let us introduce you to the newest member of our family!

Irina Elizabeth Allen.

She officially became an Allen July 2, 2010 @11:48am. She weighs about 65lbs and stands about 51 in. tall. Court was just as exciting and nerve racking as going to the hospital for a scheduled C-section(the norm for me). I think all 3 us were nervous. Tim and I didn't know what to expect, and we couldn't understand anyone, so we were quite uncomfortable. We could tell Irina was a little nervous too. All 3 of us were being asked questions,so they were coaching us on how to respond to the judge's questions. It all ended up being just fine. When Irina was asked if she wanted to be adopted, her sweet Russian words brought a juror to tears. She told the judge that she has dreamed of having a family for so long that she would love to be adopted by these very parents,and that she wants to be happy with us if only the judge would allow it. After a brief deliberation and more formalities the judge declared us Irina's parents!!!!!!The judge and the jurors came over to us and shook our hands. Irina came running to us and hugged us both. I have no words to describe the feelings I have. It's as if, a part of Tim and I has been living on the other side of the world and we just found her !! We Praise God for her life that He created, and He that He has chosen to give her to us. What a gift she is!
"Children are a gift from the Lord" Psalms 127:3 NASB

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She is darling and you are blessed. Enjoy your life with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your new daughter is beautiful!
    Amy
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. That process is so brutal on young kids but look what you have.... her words.. her desire. She wants you. That is priceless! I'm so glad you are on the other side of that step!! Praising God and enjoying the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Friend Whom I Love and Miss SO Much~~~
    Congratulations! You all look SO HAPPY and so at peace with each other. The Lord disciplines those He loves and He has remained faithful (surprise surprise) to His promise to you. You all have endured so many different emotions over this process but the Lord's promise has sustained you. You stayed true to the Lord and never gave up. "For He knows the way I take and when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10
    Well, you have come forth as the wealthiest people I know. Amen Sister, Amen. I love you, love Tim and all of the kids. Now COME HOME!!! We have a church to launch...XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, what a blessing, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! what a beautiful girl you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm not going to cry...I'm not going to cry.....I'm not going to cry!"

    ReplyDelete