Friday, July 23, 2010

No Longer An Orphan

The passport is ready to be picked up!! That means we are leaving the apt. in 40 min to pick up Irina!! She will leave everything behind including the clothes on her back, so she leaves the orphanage just like she would leave the hospital after birth. I will put on her going home outfit and her new gold (OBOOF) shoes. When we come to Jesus, and repent of our sins, He cleanses us, and we put off the old sinful man, and become a new creation in Jesus because of what He did on the cross. Today, Irina will put off her orphan status and leave that orphanage as our daughter. Yippe! Thank you Jesus for sending us such a precious and priceless gift!!
On Wed. when we took her to get her passport/visa pictures taken, her caregiver told me she missed me so much while I was gone and that she loves me so much. I was so excited that I could make out what she was saying by the few words I have learned. I was also in awe to be loved and missed by Ira such a gift from the Lord. Everyone thinks we are blessing to her and what a wonderful thing we are doing to adopt. Yes, she has longed for parents so long she has asked 2 of her female doctors to please adopt her. Yes, she now has a family to love and care for her. However, being doers of the Word and not just hearers is not some great thing. It is what those who follow Jesus are to do. He said to care for widows and orphans in their distress not just those who feel called. Caring for them is what He said, and that could be done differently by each person. Someone commented on my blog that they would have to be content right now to just pray for orphans and families who are trying to adopt. He is doing his part, and it is very humbling to know that perfect strangers are covering this trip and my family in prayer. There are people back home taking care of my other children while my husband works. They are doing their part in caring for orphans because without the help of all my family and friends who have lovingly cared for my babies in my absence, I would not be able to be here focused on Ira. There have been people who have given money to help fund the expenses of this adoption, and those who gave of their time to help us put together a rummage sale. They did their part in caring for orphans, otherwise I could not pay for the apt. where I am staying or pay the driver who takes us safely through an unknown country. Every person that has done their part for an orphan named Irina Nikulina has obeyed God's Word and thus changed the course of her life. Now, she is no longer an orphan,but our beautiful daughter Irina Elizabeth Allen!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now that made me cry! I am so glad that Amy was able to see a bit of where Ira came from. I can't imagine what it must have been like to see your Daughters embracing for the first time. It is going to be amazing watching what God does with your family.

    Maybe by now you have shared that bit of INFO with Ira that you've been waiting so long to tell? I can't wait to hear about it!

    We Love you all! Congratulations!!!
    Shane, Diana & Alexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I am so happy for all of you! I can't wait to talk with you soon!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. CINDY!!!
    What an exiting day!!! Well done, good and faithful servant! Revel in God's bountiful grace and mercy.
    Can't wait to see you!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete